in this post i will be sharing with you one technique that helps me quieten my mind chatter instantly!
i have been using this technique for some time now and it really does help me get some peace from mind immediately, every time!
so without further ado, here is the technique —
doing this will allow you to quieten your mind chatter, release the pressure from your head, and get you some peace from mind, instantly!
*this is a form of meditation, don’t do this while driving, working, etc. do this in your free time
- be in a comfortable position
- close your eyes
- take a couple of deep breaths
- now, imagine your mind to be a vast blue sky, and your thoughts, clouds
- witness the movement of the thoughts/clouds in the mind/sky; allow the clouds to come in and go out from the edges of your mind onto the vast sky that continues to expand beyond the limits of your mind
- continue this visualisation practice until you feel peace of mind
another visualisation that helps me quieten my mind chatter instantly is, imagining my mind to be a furnace and allowing the thoughts in my head to rise up and out through the top of my head like the steam that leaves the pot or the cooker; slowly witnessing the pressure of my head going down as the thoughts leave the mind.
try this technique and share your experience in the comments below. did this help?
i hope this helps you get some peace from mind as it does me.
ps, i first came across this technique while reading A Guide to Peace for Anyone with a Crazy, Messed Up Mind, a blog post on tiny buddha by Richard Paterson.
if you liked this post, i invite you to
- share it with those you think can benefit from it.
- join notjustanewsletter to get insights on conscious thinking and living — the key to living a life that works for you!
peace and power to you!